We’re delighted to announce, from our generous staff donations from our “Dress Down” Fridays over the past few months, we have raised an incredible total of £1,067!
Instead of focussing in on one charity, we asked our advisers and case managers which charities meant the most to them. So, with that in mind, we are happy to announce the five charities that have been picked to share our fundraising total.
- CHAS cares for children in Scotland with life shortening conditions and also supports their families. They are there for the whole family and understand the important role brothers and sisters play in caring for their sibling.
- Alzheimer Scotland
- At the present time, Alzheimer Scotland estimate that there are over 90,000 people living with dementia in Scotland and it is predicted this number will continue to significantly increase in the coming years. Sadly, there is no current cure for dementia and only a few forms of drug treatments are available, that is why they aim to provide as much support as possible and make sure no one faces dementia alone.
- British Heart Foundation
- The British Heart Foundation funds research to beat heartbreak from heart and circulatory diseases and their risk factors.
- MS Society
- Donations to MS Society means that they can provide information, support and services to people living with MS, and funds millions of pounds of MS research every year.
- St Andrews Hospice
- St Andrews Hospice helps to provide specialist palliative care services for local people living in North and South Lanarkshire. As well as delivering inpatient care at the Hospice, they also provide support through our Outpatient Services and Community Projects.
- Their annual running costs are approximately £7.3 million, of which nearly £4.6 million has to be raised each year from public donations.
A big thank you to all our staff for raising an incredible amount of money over the past few months. We will be continuing our fundraising in the coming months leading up to Christmas.