Serious illnesses like cancer and heart conditions are all too common. While our country’s healthcare system is advanced, sometimes the very latest treatment options may not be available in the UK.
- There are currently around 6,000 people on the UK Transplant Waiting List. Last year over 400 people died while waiting for a transplant .
- 1 in 2 people in the UK born after 1960 will be diagnosed with some form of cancer during their lifetime .
- Everyday in the UK, 530 people suffer from a heart attack .
Global treatment from Aviva is designed to give you and your child more treatment options in case either of you are diagnosed with a serious illness. It provides you with access to medical experts around the world, an expert second opinion and overseas treatment.
Global treatment covers you and your eligible children, if diagnosed with a serious illness, for the cost of medical treatment in respect of the following:
- Cancer treatment
- Coronary artery bypass surgery
- Heart valve replacement or repair
- Neurosurgery (for conditions like benign brain or spinal tumours)
- Live-donor organ transplants
- Bone marrow transplant
Travel and Accommodation
- Global treatment also pays for and organises travel and 3-4-star accommodation for you and a companion. If it’s your child who is ill, Global treatment will pay the expenses for both parents (or a parent and a companion).
- There’s an upfront cash allowance of £100 per day of hospitalisation overseas for up to 60 days.
- Global Treatment also covers ongoing medication costs up to £50,000, on return to the UK for approved medications that are not funded, or only partially funded by the NHS.
How much does Global Treatment cost?
Global Treatment is an additional option with any Aviva Protection cover. The benefit costs £4 a month per person but also covers the policyholder’s children.
Who to contact
Speak to our expert protection advisers about getting the right life insurance policy for you, freephone 0800 211 8700 or fill in our online enquiry form.
Source: Aviva – Global Treatment provided in conjunction with Best Doctors® and BDUI®
 NHS https://www.nhsbt.nhs.uk/what-we-do/transplantation-services/organ-donation-and-transplantation/, August 2018
 Cancer Research UK, August 2018
 British Heart Foundation, CVD statistics – BHF UK Factsheet, August 2018
Lifetime Finance Group Limited trading as Super Contractors is an appointed representative of PRIMIS Mortgage Network, a trading name of First Complete Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for mortgages, protection insurance and general insurance products.
Lifetime Finance Group Limited. Registered office 1st floor, 207 Bath Street, Glasgow, G2 4HZ.