If you’re thinking about purchasing home insurance you might be considering if you want to increase your cover so that you’re protected from a wider range of unexpected events. Our guide below shows what each option protects you from. If you would prefer, download our infographic.
This information is a summary only. You will receive a full policy document upon application. This policy will set out the terms, conditions and limitations of cover provided under the plan.
Home Emergency Cover
It’s cover for sudden and urgent issues with the services that supply your home – gas, electricity and water.
This cover can include
- Burst pipes or damaged water tanks, causing a leak in your home.
- Drains and toilet problems, that leave your drains blocked and your toilet unusable.
- Loss of power effecting your whole home.
- Heating system failure.
- Broken windows or doors, that make your home unsafe or insecure.
- Damage to roof through bad weather.
Legal Expenses Cover
It’ll protect you against the costs of being sued, or of making a claim against someone.
Legal fees cover could include:
- Personal injury
- Employment disputes
- Inadequate service
- Faulty goods
- Boundary disputes and other problems with neighbours
- Tax enquiries or investigation
- Medical negligence
- Legal defence
- Property protection
- Jury service
Accidental Damage Cover
Defined as sudden and unexpected damage to your property or contents by an outside force. Such as spilling a drink and staining the carpet. This cover can include:
- Damage caused by your children, or visiting children
- Falling through the attic floor.
- Broken glass in windows and doors.
- Damaged baths, sinks, toilets and showers.
- Spilling a glass of red wine and staining the carpet.
- Broken locks or keys.
Personal Possessions Cover
Protects your belongings against theft, loss and accidental damage when you take them outside the home.
It includes cover for things like:
- Wallets and purses
Lifetime Finance Group Limited trading as Super Contractors is an Appointed Representative of PRIMIS Mortgage Network, a trading name of First Complete Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for mortgages, protection insurance and general insurance products.
Lifetime Finance Group Limited. Registered office 95 West Regent Street, Glasgow, G2 2BA. Registered in Scotland No: SC589768