IT Contractor Mortgages
IT Contractor looking for a mortgage? You’ve landed in the right place. Specialist contractor mortgage experts. Fast turn around and super friendly consultants.
The numbers of IT contractors out there is rapidly increasing – as professionals in the sector increasingly become aware of the benefits associated with contract positions. Companies are also consistently looking for contractors to supplement their workforce for set periods of time.
Despite this changing employment landscape within the IT sector, many IT contractors have the same issue when it comes to a time when they want to purchase a property – lenders will often perceive them as a higher risk and introduce a raft of measures which can be off-putting. This can happen despite contractors having a steady income and a host of other favourable assets going for their application.
What can I do to help me get an IT contractor mortgage?
Worry not – despite the fact that high-street lenders may traditionally make it more difficult for IT contractors to get a mortgage, there are several things you can do as an IT professional which will make your application more likely to be successful.
While there are a number of factors to consider when applying for a contractor mortgage, it’s also important to note there is no ‘one size fits all’ approach, and lenders should consider your application on its own merits. Getting professional advice from a mortgage broker or advisor will generally benefit you in the long run, with most offering a free consultation for their services.
There are a number of things you can do as an IT contractor which will improve your chances of getting a mortgage:
- Offer a larger deposit – borrowing less money from the lender reduces the risk on their behalf
- Maintain a good credit rating – as with any mortgage application it is important to ensure your credit rating is not affect by large credit card debt or missed payments.
- Avoid lengthy contracting breaks – whilst flexibility is a major benefit of contracting, having a major period of inactivity is not likely to be looked upon favourably.
- Show evidence of long-term contracts – ongoing and lengthy agreements with employers show stability and reliability for your application.
IT Contractor Mortgages at Super Contractors
At Super Contractors we know the hassle that can come with attempting to shop around for your mortgage, particularly when you are working in a sector as broad and time consuming as IT.
We always recommend getting professional advice on your contractor mortgage as it can end up saving time and money in the long run.
Our mortgage specialists are trained to understand contractor specific challenges and we only work with contractor friendly lenders. Contractors come to us because of our specialist mortgage advice, speedy turnaround and super friendly service designed wholly around the needs of contractors.
Fill out the attached form and we will be in touch, or alternatively you can contact us directly on 0800 211 8700.
This firm charges a fee of up to £395 for mortgage advice. The amount of the fee will depend upon your circumstances and will be discussed and agreed with you at the earliest opportunity.
Our 5 steps to finding your contractor mortgage
1. EngageFreephone 0800 211 8700 or fill in our online enquiry form to speak to us.
2. AdviceSpeak with our expert advisers who will chat you through your options.
3. ApplicationWe’ll sort through your documents and submit your application to the chosen lender.
4. ProtectionWe’ll ensure you have the correct financial protection in place for you & your family.
5. CompletionWe’ll keep you up-to-date until your key is in the door. Liaising between your solicitor, estate agent and lender.
Demand five-star contractor mortgage service
Experience the same five-star service our 1000s of contractor mortgage clients have already received.
“I’ll definitely recommend them to any contractor looking for a mortgage. Great experience… 5*”
“Extremely well organised, great communication and efficient handling of my remortgage.”
“I found the service excellent from start to finish.”
We help freelancers and contractors secure mortgages all over the UK. Our expert mortgage advisors are trained to understand freelancer specific challenges and we only work with freelancer & contractor friendly lenders. Freelancers come to us because of our specialist mortgage advice, speedy turnaround and super friendly service designed wholly around the needs of freelancers.