The Main Reasons To Choose Vitality Serious Illness Cover
- More conditions covered than you would find with other traditional insurers.
- Strokes, Heart attacks & cancer, make up the top 3 reasons that people would want to make a claim. With Vitality Serious Illness cover, you are Covered for all heart attacks, strokes & more cancers than any other insurer.
- Vitality Serious Illness cover is the only insurance that offers varying degrees of severity, which helps determine claim pay-outs, without the need to cap payments. It’s important to have a pay-out that is based on how badly the illness affects your day to day life.
- Vitality Serious Illness cover will pay out for less severe conditions as well as critical ones. If you make a claim for a condition that pays out part of your cover, you are still covered & eligible to claim for the remainder at a later date.
- In the unfortunate circumstance that your condition were to get worse, you are entitled to claim again & again until you have used up the entirety of your cover
The Importance Of Having Vitality Serious Illness Cover
Critical illness can strike at any time.
• 1 in 2 people in the UK (born after 1960) will be diagnosed with some form of cancer during their lifetime (Global Treatment from Aviva).
• Every 7 minutes someone will have a heart attack (bhf)
• Every 5 minutes someone will have a stroke (stroke.Org)
What Is Covered With Serious Illness Cover From Vitality?
Serious Illness Cover from Vitality helps protect you financially if you fall ill with one of the 182 conditions that they cover. (Typical critical illness insurance policies only cover 75 – vitality.co.uk). They pay out a cash lump sum based on the severity of your condition. It gives you financial stability allowing you plenty of time to recover.
How Does Serious Illness Cover From Vitality Differ From Critical Illness Cover?
Serious illness cover works differently from typical critical illness cover, in the way it pays out on less severe conditions as well as the more critical ones. So, if you get ill and need to claim, Vitality will give you a percentage of your cover depending on how severe your condition is. This means that if a condition gets caught early on, a portion of your cover will be paid out. You’ll also have the rest of your cover should you need to claim in the future.
What Is The Difference Between Comprehensive Serious Illness Cover vs Primary Serious Illness Cover?
There are two types of serious illness cover offered by Vitality. Comprehensive and Primary. Comprehensive Serious Illness Cover covers you for 182 conditions and Primary Serious Illness Cover which covers you for 153 conditions. (Vitality Comparison Tool)
Example, Eye to age 70.
|Blindness (permanent & irreversible)||Severity A – 100% (most severe)||✔||✔|
|Severity B – 75%||✔||✔|
|Significant Visual Impairment||Severity C – 50%||✔||✔|
|Central Blindness||Severity D – 25%||✔||✔|
|Blindness in one eye||Severity E – 15%||✖||✔|
|Corneal Transplant||Severity F – 10%||✖||✔|
|Severity G – 5% (least severe)||✖||✔|
Source: How does Serious Illness Cover on the VitalityLife plan compare?, August 18
Our expert protection advisers can arrange the right life insurance policy for you. Freephone 0800 211 8700 or fill in our online enquiry form.
Lifetime Finance Group Ltd trading as Super Contractors is an appointed representative of PRIMIS Mortgage Network, a trading name of First Complete which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for mortgages, protection insurance and general insurance products.
Lifetime Finance Group Limited. Registered office 1st floor, 207 Bath Street, Glasgow, G2 4HZ.